Operations Manager – 1 position
The successful candidate must have significant experience in the DMC, both as a Tour Consultant and Manager, You must be an entrepreneurial personality who is keen to grow a business from the ground up, and have a proven ability to think on their feet, offer creative solutions and have experience at the upper end of the market. A strong contracting record with tourism suppliers in the region and intimate knowledge of market related margins and selling rates would be essential in Kenya, but broader regional experience to Tanzania, Uganda or Rwanda would be useful.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Full financial responsibility : from budget to delivery of DMC P&L.
- Sales and Marketing input, along with an established international team to grow international sales via trade and consumer channels.
- Looking creatively at the destination and our product offering in order to clearly and tangibly differentiate our product from competitors in the market place.
- Contracting all suppliers, and creating, growing and maintaining supplier relationships.
- Margin / price setting, and liaison with international offices as well as all clients on sell rates.
- Overall responsibility for managing proposal generation, analysis of business segments and focusing resources accordingly.
- Full operational delivery on the ground for all clients to a very high standard.
- Manage an initially small (but growing) team of around 8 Tour Consultants, 2 accountants, 17 vehicles and drivers across both Kenya and Tanzania.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration or above in relevant field.
- Must have DMC/ Tour Operating experience in Kenya and countries including Tanzania, Uganda and Rwanda.
- Proven management experience of small to mid-size team in tour operations.
- Must be a good communicator and motivator – the staff, clients and suppliers.
- Proven commercial experience around running a business and both setting and delivering on ambitious targets.
- Experience with DMC reservations software systems is needed – Tour plan experience a plus.
- Experience in the MICE market a plus.
Remuneration: An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
Is this you? Send in your application today!
To apply please send an email to email@example.com with your CV, cover letter and salary expectations.
We endeavor to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our careers page and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.